December 24, 2009

Open Studio December 20th





Last Sunday's Open Studio was such an enjoyable event for me. The weather can be iffy at this late date, but it couldn't have been better. And we had such a nice crowd of friends. I always tell people I have the best customers. Meeting and getting to know those of you who come to shows is one of the perks beyond measure. In fact, all of you out there that I saw during the past year, at one show or another, whether you purchased or not, I thank you! Thanks for stopping and saying "hi" – you know, checking in. With long hours spent in the studio, it means so much to see familiar and new faces interested in my work. And I am pretty sure I speak for most artisans out there when I say how special you are, when you acknowledge and take interest in the tradition of making things by hand.

I wish you a happy holidays. I hope you like your presents.