December 30, 2009

Where I Left Off




These were in my last firing of the year. The firing consisted of things left sitting on the shelf passed over (for one reason or another) not completed earlier in the season. Some pieces get a second chance with the addition of some more glaze and fired again in hopes of better results before being hammered or delegated to "cat bowl" or "plant saucer" status. I do have a pretty loose approach to preparing this load since it is primarily to provide some warmth for my open studio holiday event. But as usual, the results for this, odds and ends load – pretty ho hum. With the exception of the above three. I see possibilities here. And how nice to end the year with an inspired thought ... what if ...



Happy New Year Everyone

Have a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous, 2010 !




New cat bowl