August 4, 2011

Catch Up



An abandoned limestone quarry transformed by Jennie Butchart in 1904
Breathtaking.


Butchart Gardens Victoria BC
Canada


This summer seems to be passing at lightning speed. I'm back from a week long vacation/reunion with family in the Washington state area. It's rare I get away for so many days and the trip was full of magical sights and reconnecting with loved ones that with distance and busy lives, the opportunity to hang out and gab is rare. Plenty of good food, museums, nature hikes, gardens, and family reminiscing . A nice break


The ACGA show in July was a great. My best in a while. This year the Clay and Glass festival was moved to Rinconada Park, across from the Art Museum in Palo Alto. Show crowds were there early and I met many new customers who were curious about the happening in the park, and accidentally discovered this great show. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. I think it's good to mix things up occasionally and have a new perspective. I'm again looking forward to being back in the area. This time on University Street August 27th and 28th for the Palo Alto Festival of the Arts. I'm back at work and will have lots of new work for this show. I can't believe the year home stretch is quickly approaching. I hope everyone is having a great summer and keeping cool if you live in an unusually hot summer weather spot. Maybe these pictures will help.


Washington beach souvenirs